There are so many ways to add delicious side dishes to your camping menu, but few pair so well with all of your camping staples as these cheesy potato packets. You’ll love that this easy camping recipe goes with anything and is super easy to make. The original recipe was found on Delish.com, but it has been adapted to this post with some changes that make it more campfire friendly. Get the full recipe below and enjoy filling meals at the campground in 2022.
- 2 lb. mini Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill or oven to 425.
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Cut potatoes into 1″ chunks and toss in olive oil, oregano, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cur 4 large squares of foil for making the packets. You’ll need them to be around 10″ each.
- Add the potatoes to the center of the foil and close the packet, being sure to roll the edges to create a seal.
- Grill or bake the packets for 30-45 minutes, turning frequently, until potatoes are soft.
- Unwrap the packets carefully to avoid the steam burning you, and add cheeses.
- Reseal the packets and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot!
This easy camping recipe will help you to elevate all of your campground dinners this year. If you’re looking for the perfect way to take your family to the campground in 2022, check out the bunkhouse RVs for sale at Manteca Trailer Sales! Contact us today to order.