Take taco Tuesdays to the campground without the mess when you make this easy camping recipe! Walking tacos are a staple of festivals and fairs around the USA, but they’re also an easy, kid-friendly dinner that can satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. So, load up your 2021 Jayco Jay Flight travel trailer from Manteca Trailer Sales and check out this must-try recipe below.
What You’ll Need:
- Single-portion bags of chips — you can buy a variety pack or get a single type.
- Recommended flavors:
- Doritos Original
- Doritos Cool Ranch
- Doritos Nacho Cheese
- Chili Cheese Fritos
- Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips
- Jalapeño Kettle Chips
- Recommended flavors:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- 1/2 onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 can refried beans
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Cilantro – Optional
- Any additional toppings of your choice!
What to Do:
- Brown the ground beef in a cast iron skillet. Drain, saving some of the grease for the refried beans, then season with taco seasoning and set aside.
- Add reserved grease and refried beans to the pans and cook until warmed through.
- Chop tomato and onion into small cubes, combine, and add juice from half the lime. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cilantro for the complete pico de gallo flavor, or use as-is.
- Slice the avocado and lettuce.
- Take a small bag of chips and turn it on its side. Cut down the side from top to bottom to open the package. Add any toppings you like to the taco and enjoy with a fork!
Here are some flavor combinations we recommend:
- Traditional – Original Doritos, ground beef, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheese, & sour cream.
- Spicy – Jalapeño chips, ground beef, onions, salsa, jalapeño slices, & sour cream.
- Tropical – Hint of lime chips, shredded chicken with taco seasoning, pico de gallo, avocado, & diced fresh mango.
- Cheesy – Nacho Cheese Doritos, ground beef, sour cream, refried beans, & shredded cheese.
- Fresco – Cool Ranch Doritos, ground beef, pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream, & salsa.
These easy walking tacos are a great way to let the kids build their own dinner with ingredients that they love, while you kick back and enjoy your vacation time. Additionally, clean up is a breeze, since you can just throw away the bags of chips! If you need help finding an RV that will make your camping vacation dreams a reality, contact us today.