This Memorial Day, spend time with your family at the campground and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature! If you need a Memorial Day camping recipe to keep your crew fueled for days of adventure, this delicious campfire grilled corn on the cob is just what you need! This dish makes the perfect side for burgers, dogs, or steak, but it can also be ideal for a filling lunch! So, load up your Jayco Alante 31V class A motorhome and head to the campground.
- 8 Ears of sweet corn
- Water for soaking (about 2 gallons)
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pull back the husks and remove silks with your fingers or a toothbrush and replace the husks.
- Soak the corn in cold water for 30 min.
- Heat your grill to medium-high and add the corn. Rotate every 5 minutes to avoid burning and cook until tender — 30 mins.
- Melt your butter in a separate dish and season with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from the heat, wearing protective gloves to peel back the husks, and brush generously with the garlic butter mixture.
Serve with burgers, steaks, or by itself with more delicious toppings like bacon, cheese, or whatever you want.